Christian Home Educators of Kentucky (CHEK) is a statewide homeschooling educational and informational organization established to assist families who choose to educate their children according to the dictates of their conscience and their fundamental rights as parents. CHEK’s goal is to better equip home schoolers with the necessary skills, tools, and information to successfully fulfill their convictions and the God-mandated responsibility to train and educate their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. CHEK represents over 1100 + family members. The CHEK Directors are volunteers working diligently to protect the conscientious rights of parents to control the education and upbringing of their children according to Biblical principles and Constitutional liberties.
- To provide Kentucky Christian home educators and Christian home education support groups with a central source of information, Christian fellowship and cooperation.
- To promote the Biblical mandate as expressed in Deut. 6: 4 -10, Prov. 22:6, Eph. 6:4 and other scripture that parents are to train their children in the nurture and admonition of our Lord.
- To preserve parental freedom of choice in education and right of conscience as recognized and guaranteed by the Kentucky Constitution, Section 5 of the Bill of Rights.
- To provide home educators and the general public with information about the Biblical, academic, and legal aspects of home education and training.
- To provide a common ground for families educating their children at home as a matter of Christian conviction, and the ability to communicate effectively with officials from the Dept. of Education and others.
We strongly encourage CCHE members to join CHEK. Visit CHEK at www.chek.org